SGA concert tickets prices reduced

The Student Government Association has announced a decrease in ticket prices for the Thursday, Nov. 8 RAGE concert featuring B.o.B. at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. Student and guest tickets for the concert are now on sale for $10.

The SGA previously priced the tickets at $25 for students and the additional two guest tickets at $30 each, only for purchase through a myBama account. Students can now purchase tickets with cash, credit card or Bama Cash through myBama or in Ferguson Center Room 356.

“We feel that given the variety of options, more students will be able to purchase tickets and ultimately give back to their fellow students,” Meagan Bryant, executive press secretary for the SGA, said.

Bryant said the money raised at the RAGE concert will fund additional student need-based scholarships. The SGA currently provides two $1,000 scholarships per month and hopes to increase that number, Bryant said. Additionally, event attendees will be given the opportunity to swipe their ACT card at the gate for a chance to win one of five $1,000 scholarships.

“RAGE is all about students helping students,” SGA president Matt Calderone said in a press release. “Purchasing a ticket to B.o.B. is an investment in the students at our University who are in need.”

Crimson Ride buses will transport students, faculty and staff members and guests to and from the concert, with hubs at Lakeside Dining Hall, Julia Tutwiler Hall and the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.

Tickets now available for Thursday Nov. 8 RAGE concert at myBama, Ferguson Center Room 356

“RAGE is all about students helping students,” said SGA President Matt Calderone in a press release. “Purchasing a ticket to B.o.B. is an investment in the students at our university who are in need.”