Students pick their favorite songs for Game Day

The first game day weekend was full of tailgating and traditions. We asked a few students what some of their favorite songs to listen to on game day were.

“My friends and I listened to “Dixieland Delight” at my house before we walked into the stadium because we were afraid we weren’t going to get to hear it during the game.” said Mary Beth Wilkerson, a junior majoring in Public Relations.

“”Roar” by Katy Perry fires me up and gets me feeling like I could run through a wall.” said Gene Fulmer, a sophomore majoring in Marketing. “That song always makes me ready to yell at the top of my lungs for the Crimson Tide.”

“My friends and I listened to Luke Bryan all game day because it’s nice and summery and pumps you up.” said Olivia Gobble, a junior majoring in Chemistry.

“I always like “Bama Anthem” by 63 Boyz,” said James Adams, a junior majoring in General Business. “I heard the song a couple of years ago and it’s become a tradition for me ever since.”

“”Sweet Home Alabama” was so fun to listen to for the first time as an Alabama student and fan,” said Josie Surges, a freshman majoring in Business. “We listened to it all weekend, and it was so fun to finally hear it at a game and sing ‘Roll Tide Roll’ with everyone in the stands.”