Criminal Justice Career Fair introduces students to professionals

CW/ Joe Will Field

Halle Bonner, Contributing Writer

Representatives from law enforcement, social service agencies, law schools and the private sector will be coming to the Ferguson Student Center for a Criminal Justice Career Fair on Wednesday to talk to students about employment and internship opportunities. Students should come dressed in professional attire and bring copies of their resumes and ACT cards.

Who: Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice is hosting the event, and all majors are welcome to join

What: Criminal Justice Career Fair

When: Wednesday, Jan. 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: Ferguson Center Ballroom

Why:

“There is a bunch of things students can look forward to, but probably one of the most important is the opportunities to meet with agencies who are actively engaged and hiring college students,” said Stephen Clipper, assistant professor in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice. “There is going to be agencies from local police departments, local nonprofits, state level entities and private companies, which is actually a new addition that we have been branching out to the private sector also for employment opportunities for our graduates in criminology and criminal justice fields.”

Clipper said the department would love to have as many people who are interested show up since the event is not specifically geared toward seniors. However, he said it is really important for seniors to come, and he said freshman can come and start talking to employers and get used to speaking with them and practice the art of seeking a job.